Saturday, July 17, 2010

Food From My Garden: Pico de Gallo Edition!


My jalapeno plant has really started producing! I had 4 jalapenos ready to be picked, so I thought I'd make a batch of homemade Pico de Gallo with my home grown peppers.  No, sadly the cilantro and tomatoes I used are not from my garden!

Home Grown Jalapenos!

Vine Tomatoes

Limes

Cilantro

...I JUST realized I forgot to take an individual picture of the onion. OOPS!

This was my first attempt at making Pico de Gallo and in my opinion, it turned out great. I used both my Santoku Knife and my Tomato Knife from Pampered Chef and it made all the chopping go by so fast!  The recipe is not too hard to make though - so don't be afraid to give it a try!  


I followed this recipe and will absolutely do so again in the future. Oh how I love her recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment