Sunday, July 11, 2010

A Garden Update: 6 Weeks


Another week gone by and my garden keeps growing AND giving.  The jalapeno plant continues to surprise me every day. At last count I had between 10-15 peppers growing with a few ready to pick in the next few days!



There is some sad news though. Over the last few weeks I noticed my cilantro didn't look "normal". What's normal you say? I don't know exactly, but mine had very tall stems with very tiny leaves - not the normal cilantro looking leaves either. After researching online a little, I determined my cilantro is bolting. :(

So tall I can't even get it all in one shot!

Even with all the little issues I've run into since planting my garden, I'm very happy about it's progress and love caring for it!  

Sweet Basil

Flat Leaf Parsley

Upright Rosemary

Garlic Chives

Shallots

Garlic


Scallions
Attempt 2 is doing MUCH better than Attempt 1!

Lettuce

The over harvested head is still smaller than the other...
but it is growing and that's what matters!


Monster Tomato Plant

Strawberry Plant

Mint - becoming a monster too!

1 comment: