Friday, July 2, 2010

A Look Back At...

...the Jalapeno Pepper plant!

Since getting my itty-bitty Jalapeno Pepper plant Memorial Weekend, it has really grown! Here's a look at the growth over the last few weeks.

Day After Planting

Week 1

Week 2

Week 3

Week 4

The plant currently has more than ten peppers growing and many more flowers ready to become jalapenos.  I even picked the first one tonight to use in dinner.  I love being able to enjoy home grown goodies!
For dinner tonight, I made a breakfast dish.  I love having breakfast for dinner!  The recipe I used was one that my parents have made forever. They call it Shipwreck.  I have no idea why it's called that, but it is.  I've always called it that and I always will.  It's so tasty and simply - I can't remember a camping trip growing up where we didn't have it!

The recipe calls for potatoes (I used this recipe), crispy bacon, diced onion, eggs, shredded cheese, and flour tortilla.  Since I had the jalapeno from my garden that I had JUST picked, I threw that in as well!


Here's the mixture right after adding the eggs to cook.  

Sadly my camera malfunctioned right after this and I was too hungry to try to fix it and take pictures of the finished product.  You'll just have to make it yourself to see and taste the goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment