Monday, July 5, 2010

A Garden Update: 5 Weeks


Over a month and my garden is going strong.  Yes, I'm dealing with pesky caterpillars, but I'm still having fun gardening and that's what matters. I've eaten every herb multiple times, lettuce three times, the recently mentioned first jalapeno and as of today two, yes I said two, oh so tasty cherry tomatoes! 

Day before picking

I gave my friend Alison some fresh herbs from my garden last weekend and I use them all the time, but you can't really tell by looking at the pictures!  I apologize for the shadows, I took the photos later in the day than normal.  
Sweet Basil

Flat Leaf Parsley

Cilantro
I'm thinking homemade salsa next weekend!

Upright Rosemary

Garlic Chives

Shallots

Garlic

They thought it was for them!
No, cats do not eat garlic.
Who know? Kahn might...

Scallions
Getting bigger!

Lettuce

The overhearvested one is doing better!
Glad to see there is new growth and I didn't kill it.

Growing, growing, growing!

Jalapeno Pepper

Monster Tomato Plant

Strawberry Plant

Young little yummy strawberries!

The Amazing Mint

And because Kahn and Ming get into everything...




2 comments:

  1. i'm so jealous of your garden! it looks so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks melissa. you could grow one too - it's not THAT hard! :)

    ReplyDelete