Monday, June 14, 2010

When is two better than one?

When you're talking about two Robyn's of course!  :)

Okay - to be fair, it's one Robyn and one Robin, but it's still the same so that's what matters!

Last Saturday, my friend Robin came over to hang out for the day.  We spent it catching up on our lives and watching a few Bachelorette episodes I had recorded that we hadn't had a chance to watch yet.  It was a pretty day outside, but I couldn't have been happier to spend the day inside being lazy!

We weren't completely lazy though.  More often than not, when Robin comes over I end up cooking or baking at least one thing and she usually ends up helping.  She's always willing to cut something, grate something else, do this and do that.  Thanks Robin! 

Last night we made an amazing pasta recipe that I found online a few weeks ago.  I've been getting a lot of my recipes off The Pioneer Woman recently. I'd been thinking about making it for a few weeks and was just waiting for the right person to make it for - but in this case, the right person to make it with.

I actually forgot to add the peas to my version.  I measured them out and put them back in the freezer until it was time to use them.  It wasn't until I was putting away leftovers that I realized they had been left out.  Oops. As I said before, the dish was still amazing.

Asparagus, broccoli and zucchini OH MY!

Before baking...

and after!

And really, you can't have pasta without garlic bread.  I had some frozen stuff in my freezer, but I thought why not go with homemade?  In my eyes, homemade is always better and in this case, not very hard, so that's what I did!

I combined unsalted butter, minced garlic (that was grown by a friend), basil, parsley, rosemary (all from my garden!) and fresh grated parmesan cheese. Since it was just the two of us, instead of using a whole french bread loaf, I used a sesame seed sub roll.  The end result? Mouth watering!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment