Saturday, June 5, 2010

Fresh Squeeeeeeeezed Juice

I've loved fresh squeezed juice since I was a little girl. I remember when my dad would make fresh squeezed orange juice from oranges we picked off my grandma and grandpa's tree.  We would take bags home and my brother and I would roll them back and fourth down our tile hallway to get them extra juicy! Sometimes we'd take it a little too far causing juice and pulp to explode everywhere...sorry mom!

Store bought or concentrated orange juice is okay, but I don't think I know anyone that thinks it's better than fresh squeezed!

Last weekend I asked a friend to bring me some oranges from another friend's tree.  They showed up with a bag full oranges...30 to be exact!  I didn't soften them up like I did when I was younger, but I did squeeze every last one.  The end result was AMAZING orange juice that tasted just like I remember my dad's fresh squeezed orange juice tasting.


Fresh squeezed orange juice isn't something you would find in my refrigerator very often, but fresh squeezed lemonade can be found in there pretty much every other week.

Over the last few months, I have been making fresh squeezed lemonade on a semi-regular basis.  It's so tasty, much better than the powered stuff, and it gives my arms a nice little workout! :)

The recipe I use doesn't take much time at all and it's completely worth it! Give it a try and enjoy it in a glass, as popsicles or it into lemonade ice cubes!  


Fresh Squeezed Lemonade
  • 1 1/2 Cups Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
  • 1 1/4 Cups Granulated Sugar
  • 1/2 Cup Boiling Water
  • 4 1/2 Cups Cold Water
  1. Put sugar in pitcher and add boiling water.  Stir until sugar dissolves.
  2. Add lemon juice and cold water.  Stir to combine.
  3. Refrigerate a few hours to chill before serving.
  4. (Optional) Garnish with lemon slices in pitcher and on rim of glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment