Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

It's the third Sunday of June so that can only mean one thing - today is Father's Day!  It's a day to celebrate all the father's in the world and thank them for all that they do.

My dad lives in Tucson, which is over 500 miles away and I didn't make it home this year, but that doesn't mean I didn't send him something to let him know how amazing he really is!  And it's from me so there's no doubt it was homemade!

This isn't the first card I've made.  In fact, I make ALL my greeting cards!  This just happens to be the first one that I'm sharing on my blog.

My dad is into sailing.  In fact, he and my mom both have their sailing licenses - how cool, right?  I've made him lots of father's day cards over the years, and sometimes it's hard to come up with new ideas year after year.  After much thought, here's what I ended up sending him this year. 


I couldn't just send the card and my dad is pretty hard to shop for.  I could have bought him a book, but sometimes I feel like I'm always buying him books.  Plus, books aren't homemade and I'm all about homemade gifts.  They mean more - you put your time and effort into them! :)  

So along with the card, my dad (as well as my older brother who's a dad too) got some yummy oatmeal raisin cookies.  Confession: I couldn't make them and give them all away so I made a double batch.  I know...I'm crazy!

Yes, you will probably see dough each time I bake something.
Dough is just so yummy! :)

So many cookies! 

Happy Father's Day to ALL the father's out there, but most importantly... 


Happy Father's Day to MY dad! I love you and hope you have a wonderful day!!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment