Sunday, October 27, 2013

Dairy Free Banana Bread

I haven't made goodies for my co-workers in awhile, and with Halloween coming up I knew I wanted to make some kind of bread/muffin. I purchased some adorable mini muffin liners awhile ago and really wanted to put them to use!

I had TONS of bananas in my freezer just waiting to be turned into delicious banana bread or muffins so I quickly knew I'd be making banana bread. I've made banana bread so many times I've lost count - but I wanted to switch it up and try to make it dairy free so my friend Matt at work could enjoy it too! 

After searching online for awhile, I decided to just use my GG's recipe and replaced the butter with oil and the sour cream with apple sauce. Seemed easy enough and I was just hoping for the best!

 The Goods
3 Tablespoons Oil
1 Cup Sugar
1 Egg - beaten
1/2 Cup Applesauce
(*bonus points if homemade!)
2 Cups Flour
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
3/4 Cup Banana - Mashed up
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice

Soooooo were my hopes too high? 

Absolutely not! And in fact - I can't even tell the difference between these one and the one's I've been making with butter and sour cream all these years! 

Here are just some of the cute lil gems I made to take to the office tomorrow.

And because I made a TRIPLE batch - I made some mini loaves too!!

Make the regular, make the diary free kind, heck - make BOTH, but make sure you make ONE of these soon!!!


1 comment: