Sunday, June 3, 2012

GG's Sour Cream Banana Bread: Revisited!

Yup - I'm posting about my Great Grandmother's Sour Cream Banana Bread AGAAAAAAAAIN, but there's a good reason! 

Recently,  a friend from High School asked me if I had a good Banana Bread recipe. I knew I'd posted about my Banana Bread recipe at least once, but when I went to send her the link I realized I never posted the ingredient list OR the directions! How could I be so dumb? How would anyone be able to make the delicious recipe for themselves if I don't explain how?!?

So - without going on and on about the amazing bread (it really IS amazing - trust me!) - here's how you make the dough to bake into bread loaves OR muffins:

3 Tablespoons Butter - softened
1 Cup Sugar
1 Egg - beaten
1/2 Cup Sour Cream
2 Cups Flour
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
3/4 Cup Banana - Mashed up
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice

1. Cream butter and sugar with a mixer.
2. Add egg and sour cream beating thoroughly.
3. Add half of the dry ingredients and mix, followed by half the bananas and mix, and then repeat.
4. Add lemon juice and mix.
5. Pour into greased loaf pan(s) or lined muffin pan(s).
6. Bake at 375 for about 50 minutes. (I usually check on it about halfway through).





As you can see from the previous Banana Bread Blog - I add Chocolate Chips almost every time! :) They aren't necessary, but are an added little treat! 

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment