Sunday, June 17, 2012

Tomatoes, Limes, Herbs & Flowers Galore!

Ohhhh yeah folk. My garden is LOVING this warm weather and is rewarding me with awesome things. Let me tell you about some of the highlights!

I'll start with the tomato plant that's doing amazing! I knew I'd have a ripe tomato soon and sure enough, today was the day! In addition to the first ripe tomato, there are TONSSS of other little tomatoes just waiting to ripen soon enough!

Lottttt of tomatoes!!

Tomatoes Ripening!

I picked the first one!

And ate it!!!

YUM!

Now onto the wonderful lime tree that I thought wasn't really producing. I thought I'd have to wait until at least next Fall/Winter to get some more key limes, but nope - that's not that case! Why? Because I have 30 little baby limes growing all over that tree. I know that not all of them will make it, but I'm hoping that I'll get to enjoy quite a few!

Look how BIG it's getting!
This thing doesn't seem "dwarf" anymore, huh?!?

Little Liiiiiiiiimes!

And another itty bitty lime!

I've said it before, and I'm sure I'll say it again - but I have more fresh herbs growing than I know what to do with. They too are loving the warm Southern California weather and are rewarding me with bountiful growth.  

Basil

Flat Leaf Parsley 

New Additions - Garlic Chives and Dill
Old Favorites - Lemon Thyme, Sage and Rosemary

Lastly, my flower are all doing so great and I even added a few more to the luscious garden this afternoon! The new additions not only look amazing, they both smell wonderful too.

Freshia

And Climbing Jasmine.
I can't wait to these to start climbing and filling out!
Oh yeah - and they smell AMAZING!

I'm pretty much out of room on the balcony for now, but I'm sure things will continue to change. That's how it's always been and that's how it always will be. I love my garden for the goods I get from it AND for it's amazing beauty!

No comments:

Post a Comment