Sunday, October 6, 2013

Sunday Night Dinner: Take 31 - Part 2

In this post last Sunday, I mentioned there was a Part 2 to come. And I'm sorry it's been a week, but Part 2 is FINALLY here! I hope you're not disappointed because I honestly think it was worth the wait! 

When I made the Pesto Chicken, Rice and Grilled Veggies I intentionally make much more than I'd be eating that night because I knew I'd be able to use them in meals the next few day. Meals, yes - I said meals as in using one meal's cooking for multiple other meals! I learned to do this awhile ago and it's GENIUS if done right!!

Everything cooked Sunday Night

So what did I do with the leftover deliciousness? I made three different things actually, but unfortunately only have pictures of two of them! :( Have no fear - the unpictured rice bowl was still amazing and I would have one right now if I could.

For lunch Monday, I took leftovers.
And made a chicken, rice, grilled veggies, hummus and sprouts 
pita sandwich that was so tasty. 
A co-worker even asked where I'd purchased it!

Tuesday night I made a salad with chicken, rice, grilled veggies, sprouts and a little light ranch dressing. 

All the different meals were amazing and different enough so I didn't feel like I kept eating the 
EXACT SAME THING!

I'll try to share more meals I make like this as I do it. It makes cooking delicious homemade food SO much easier and even quite enjoyable to some extent. 


No comments:

Post a Comment