Sunday, October 27, 2013

Homemade Applesauce!

My brother was recently talking about making A LOT of applesauce (we're talking a bushel of apples here people!!), and it got me wanting some to eat and maybe even bake with. With that fresh in my mind, I bought a two pound bag of apples yesterday and made the delicious treat just hours later. 

I knew I wanted to keep my applesauce pretty simple, so I just used apples, water and a tiny pinch of sugar. That's IT! No cinnamon, no other sweeteners, nothing! It may sound boring but it's incredibly tasty and really doesn't need anything else.

Wash, peel and dice the apples.

Add a lil water and a pinch of sugar if desired.
Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 25 to 30 minutes - until tender and starting to fall apart.

Transfer to a blender or food processor and puree to your liking.
Store in an airtight container in your fridge.

Homemade applesauce is amazing and I really should make some more often. 
Maybe even make bigger quantities like my brother!!

No comments:

Post a Comment