Sunday, October 20, 2013

Pumpkin Carving and Seed Roasting!

It's not Halloween to me if I don't carve a pumpkin and then roast the seeds. I usually do it closer to the holiday, but the I had the opportunity to carve pumpkins and hang out with a great friend this past weekend. 

Our pumpkins and carving tools!

I've always been a fan of carving pumpkins and I am not against using patterns. I purchased a new book and went with the hardest possible pattern! What can I say - I like a lil challenge!

Not bad, right? I think I did a pretty good job if I do say so.

Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of my friend's pumpkin, but it was interesting to say the least. :) Let's just say they were the first person I've ever seen who carved their pumpkin before scooping out and and cleaning up the goop. 

I dried the seeds overnight and then roasted them with a little melted butter and salt. Once they were crisped to perfection, I took them out and tossed half with cinnamon sugar and half with a spicy mixture. Both turned out great and I think I'll be using this method from not on! I want another pumpkin just for it's seeds now...

MMMmmm Pumpkin Seeds!

Did you carve a pumpkin or still planning to do so? 
Do you do roast the seeds or just throw them out with the other scraps? 

Look for more Halloween related posts to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment