Sunday, July 17, 2011

Quiche & My HORRIBLE Life!

I recently had a few friends over for brunch and board games! I like to have brunch every so often because I have so many breakfastish recipes that I want to try, and you can only have them for dinner every now and then.

I've made a quiche for one of these friends before, but this time I wanted to switch it up and try something new! 

I used bacon - like I've done in more than one quiche in the past... 

But this time I added chopped fresh spinach too. 

And shredded pepperjack cheese!

Which was then added to my egg/milk/seasoning mixture.

Then I put a layer of spinach on the bottom followed by a layer of bacon and finally a little of the egg and cheese mixture. Finally, one more layer of spinach, bacon and egg/cheese mixture. Since my friends LOVE melted cheese so much, I added a little bit more to the top of the quiche before putting it in the oven to bake.


My Horrible Life all began while the quiche was baking...

As soon as I put the deep dish quiche in the oven, my friends and I started a The Game of LIFE. From the start of the game, all the way until the end, my Life sucked and I have never seen anyone have a game as bad as mine.  Horrible I say, HORRIBLE!

Yes folks, my pretend life in the game was horrible - not my real life. 

Things started to look up shortly after the game was over because the quiche was ready to be eaten!



It was so amazingly tasty and had a very interesting layered look. There ended up being a thick egg layer on the bottom, which was odd due to how I'd layered everything before baking. 

I'll for sure be making this in the future, but it may have to wait while I try out other breakfast/brunch recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment