Sunday, July 24, 2011

Things Are Grooooooooooowing!

I've had another busy week and weekend so my apologies for this being a quick update and the only post this week! I have posts planned for the near future so stay tuned. :)

As usual, the two tomato plants are doing great. The cherry tomato plant has TONS of blossoms and many little clusters of green tomatoes. But more exciting is the fact that my first BIG tomato is starting to turn colors. Bye bye green, hello yellow, orange and then red! I can't wait and I was very excited when I noticed the color change this afternoon.

Cherry Tomato 

The "Other" Tomato 

Both the plants together! 

The jalapeno plants are doing amazing too! I have too many peppers, blossoms and buds on the four plants now that I'm not even going to attempt to count. There are a few peppers that are almost ready to be picked! I love that I have them growing fresh on my balcony. 


I pruned the strawberry plant a bit on Saturday and I'm hoping that will promote more berries. Hey, if I can't get big berries, I might as well start hoping for something else and I've decided that I want lots and lots of berries even if they're really tiny! 


The garlic and shallots still seem to be doing well, but until I decide it's time to harvest them, I won't really know...

Garlic

Shallots 

But the green onions, I can TELL that they're doing great from what I see above the soil. A few of them are probably ready to be eaten, but I'm going to wait and let them get just a little bit bigger!


And finally, the herbs. Oh how I love my herbs. I use them all very often - well except the mint, but it's nice to have mint and I can't get rid of it no matter how hard I try. Back to the ones I do use... the thyme, parsley, rosemary, basil and chive are all thriving and I couldn't be happier because that means I can keep on using them and not worry I'll deplete my entire stash! 

Mint

Thyme

Parsley

Rosemary

Basil

Chives


No comments:

Post a Comment