Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sunday Night Dinner: Take 3!

I can't believe it's time to post a "Sunday Dinner" entry already.  This past week FLEW by and I'm thinking this next week will go just as fast since it's a four day work week for me. Woo hoo vacation here I come!!!


Enough rambling and more food talking.  

Tonight was a special night.  Why?  Well no special reason, but special because not only did I make dinner but I made an appetizer as well!  Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers began the evening and many more tasty things were to follow.


I made some delicious grilled chicken and steak for dinner tonight.  I marinated them using some of my home grown parsley and basil along with a few other ingredients.  The chicken was tasty and from what I heard the steak was too.

Basil and Parsley

Basil Lemon Grilled Chicken

Grilled Steak

Along with the meat I made some Fluffy New Potatoes and per her suggestions I made extra to freeze!  I made them once before and regretted not making enough to keep to bake later.  I didn't make that mistake this time!

The mixings minus the potatoes

Now with the potatoes

And after baking! SO So so good!

To round out the meal I made fresh green beans sauteed with some minced home grown shallots.  MMM Tasty!

And the best part is that there are leftovers for lunch tomorrow! 

2 comments:

  1. All of that looks really good. I love your blog and think it's so cute! You should come over for Shabbat dinner at our house soon. Any Friday night you are welcome. Text Lauren and let her know that you want to come over and join us. We would love to have you over very soon. Maybe you and Lauren can prepare the meal together???? D.Ross

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Derek! Thank you so much for all your kind words. Shabbat dinner sounds great - I'll have to talk to Lauren soon to coordinate a good date for everyone. It's been too long since I've seen you guys and can't wait to meet the new little one!!! :)

    ReplyDelete