Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sunday Night Dinner: Take 2!

Like I said before, I love having a delicious dinner on Sunday Nights.  As much as I dread Sunday nights...I enjoy and look forward to dinner time!

Tonight I had the pleasure of having two friends over.  I made a new baked chicken dish (See recipe below) with a rice pilaf that I added my homegrown flat leaf parley to and garlic snap peas.  Yum! I loved it and it seemed like they did too!!!


Lemon Basil Chicken
1 c. fresh whole wheat bread crumbs
1 1/2 tbsp. minced fresh parsley (I grew mine.)
1 1/2 tsp. grated lemon rind
1 tbsp. minced fresh basil (I grew this too!
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 c. milk
Juice of 1 Lemon
6 chicken breast halves, skinned


Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl and mix. Combine milk and lemon juice. Dip chicken in mixture, then in bread crumb mixture to coat. Place chicken on baking sheet sprayed with non-stick vegetable coating. Bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes or until fork tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment