Sunday, August 15, 2010

A Garden Update: 11 Weeks


My Spring Garden is almost done.  As sad as it is, I'm extremely happy with how well it's done.  This is the first time I've attempted to grow food on my own and I have to say it was quite successful.  I can't wait to start the Fall Garden very soon!

Sweet Basil

Flat Leaf Parsley

Upright Rosemary

Garlic Chives

Garlic

Scallions

Lettuce
The lettuce is done.
Since it started bolting it wasn't producing correctly anymore.

Jalapeno Plant

Tomato Plant



The tomato plant may appear to be a lot smaller than before.  Last weekend I decided it was time to prune it and remove any branch/leaf that was not bearing fruit. I took a couple clipping and am going to try to get them to root and start another plant or two.  It doesn't hurt to try!



Mint

Since I harvested my shallots and the cilantro and lettuce were bloting, my container has started to look empty.  It's a little sad, but at the same time I'm excited for what I will plant next!  







No comments:

Post a Comment