Sunday, August 1, 2010

Birthday Movie at the Cemetery!

Happy 26th Birthday to one of my best friends, Alison!!!

This is the card I made to give to her this year.

She seemed to enjoy it - it was placed on her entertainment center almost immediately! :)

To celebrate her birthday, a small group of us went to Cinespia, the movie screenings at a Hollywood cemetery! Movies...in a cemetery...really? Yes, yes indeed!

I took this from where I was sitting on the grass. 
The grave was less than 2 feet away from me!!!

We arrived a little before 6PM and instantly got comfortable in line - we knew it'd be a long wait because the gates to the cemetery don't open until 7:30PM. Why the heck did we get there sooooo early then? To guarantee that we got in and that we got a decent spot! I heard there were about 2,500 in attendance!
Waiting in line with Alison

Mike waiting in line with Alison

Alison's friend, Roger keeping an eye out for the rest of our group.

There were soooo many people in line.
At one point we thought we spotted Can't Hardly Wait star, Ethan Embry waiting too.
I had to snap a photo, but after taking it...I started to debate if it was really him.
We were all torn.
What do you think?

Props arriving on trucks.

After waiting for over an hour and a half it was time to trek through the cemetery. Oh yes, we carried our blankets, towels and goodies through the cemetery to see the movie.  We saw the movie Airplane from 1980 and had a delicious picnic that everyone contribute to. Here are the goodies that I made to share with the group:
Watermelon Lemonade:
Sugar
+
Watermelon Chunks
+
Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
Isn't the measureing cup cute? 
Robin gave them to me a few years ago and I love them!
=
Oh my so tasty!
I bet it will make delicious popsicles too.

Caprese:
(See Here for Photo - Scroll to Bottom)

Spicy and Sweet Kettle Corn:

Alison about to enjoy some!

Mike, Alison's fiance enjoying it as well!

Scotcharoos:
My sister-in-law, Becky helped me make these while they were here visiting. I got the idea to make them because she had made them before and I thought Alison would love them. Turns out, Alison's mom makes them and she was so excited to try mine!

In addition to my tasty treats, we had AMAZING sandwiches made from crusty bread, turkey, provolone, pesto, spring mix and olive oil, as well as cucumber tomato salad, fruit salad, kettle chips, Sprinkles cupcakes and wine! Maybe there was more, but holy wow that was a lot of delicious food!


Wine!

Black and White Sprinkles Cupcake

It was so much fun and I cannot wait to go back. Not only was it a fun experience, but we all had a great time celebrating such a special gal! :)

The props set up by the screen.

Matalie :) - Alison's future brother-in-law and his girlfriend, Natalie.


Natalie and her friend, Sammy.

Roger and his girlfriend, Colleen.

Mike,The Birthday Girl and Myself!

3 comments:

  1. DEFINITELY Ethan Embree.

    Just dominated the last Scotcharoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny - I just had one too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Scotcharoos were amazing! Please make more of those or cake balls as soon as possible :)

    ReplyDelete