Sunday, August 22, 2010

A Garden Update: 12 Weeks


After a couple months tending to my Spring garden, I have officially started the transition of preparing my Fall garden.  I can't wait to show you what I plant soon, but until then enjoy the changes I've made!  

I know that mint grows like a weed, but the planter I had it in wouldn't really let it get much bigger.  Also, my rosemary is rather small in comparision to the other herbs and I think it's due to the fact that it's completely shaded by the monster basil.  So...to solve both issues I bought a new windowbox liner and transplanted the two herbs.






All that's left in the container are the Sweet Baisl, Flat Leaf Parsley and Garlic Chives. Those three will soon be transplanted to the new container for Fall.  

Sweet Basil

Flat Leaf Parsley

Garlic Chives

Garlic 

Scallions

Jalapeno Plant

Tomato Plant

Strawberry Plant

The Strawberry Plant has been MIA from the weekly updates due to the fact that I thought it was done.  Done producing for the year and just growing like crazy.  I decided to prune it recently and a week later I notice that not only is it healthier, but it has fruit and flowers for more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment