Saturday, August 7, 2010

A Garden Update: 10 Weeks


Over the last few weeks it has become apparant that my lovely garden is nearing the end of this cycle.  Yes, some things are still thriving and growing like crazy (Sweet Basil, Tomato Plant and Jalapeno Plant) while others are getting harvested for good (Lettuce and Shallots - I'll post about this soon!)
Sweet Basil
My Basil, like my Tomato Plant and Mint is becoming a monster!
I LOVEEEEE the way it just smells, let alone tastes. :)

Flat Leaf Parsley

Upright Rosemary

Garlic Chives

Garlic

I can't wait until this is ready for harvest!

Scallions

Lettuce


NOTE: It is not supposed to look like this.
My lettuce, like my cilantro, started bolting.
I got SO many harvests out of it, so I'm not too mad!

Jalapeno Plant

I've lost count how many jalapenos I've picked...
and they keep coming!!!

Tomato Plant

My plant has grown so much and become so heavy.  Early in the week I noticed that the weight had taken its toll on a branch and caused it to snap. It wasn't snapped off completely, but it wasn't getting the nutrients it needed.  The branch couldn't be saved, but I did attempt to save the tomato clusters that were on it. I'm happy to report that so far, two of the green tomato have continued to ripen and are on the way to being red! 

The day I found it.

Just a few days later!


Mint

Keep your eye out for information on my new Fall garden in the next few weeks!  I can't wait and have already started the planning process.  

No comments:

Post a Comment