Monday, January 19, 2015

Show & Tell: Organization

When I saw that Andrea was hosting a Show & Tell Link Up about Organization,
I KNEW that I had to post, link up and show you all about my crazy ways!!!
Yes, I know my antics are crazy and yes, I know I'm a little OCD.
Okay, maybe more than a little...

Anyway - I know this post will be kinda long,
but it covers a lot of different aspects of organization in my life!
From the kitchen, to my closet, to holiday decor and more!!!
Keep reading to find out all about how I keep MY life organized!

Let me start out with lists.
I'm ALL about lists!
For me - using them makes it easier to prioritize, 
and I end up getting a lot more done!
I used them both at home and work.

My kitchen/dining room closet comes in very handy 
and if organized well it can store quite a bit! 
I purchased the baskets years ago on clearance from Target
and they've come in quite handy since day one.

Yes, even my freezer and fridge are organized.
I can't stand just throwing things in 
and I get more use out of the space this way!

And the organization extends to my pantry as well!
This makes cooking MUCH easier for me.

More baskets!!! I like lists, but I may like baskets more...
I don't have a linen closet and I had to come up with a solution.
I have a rather large bedroom closet, so I decided to use that
and organize my linens by type into different baskets. 

You didn't expect my linens to be organized and my clothes not, right?
Of course I organize all the clothes in my closet and dressers too!
In my closet, I separate things by sleeve length and then by color.
It makes finding whatever I'm looking fo a lot easier!

And my shoes are pretty organized as well.

I know that it takes up quite a bit of space,
but I like to keep my boots in their boxes.
They keep their shape much better and don't get dusty!

Most of my scarves are folded and organized in a dresser drawer...

But I also have a lot of my infinity scarves hanging here!

I'm not going to show you all my dresser drawers...

but just know that all the drawers are as organized as my sock drawer!

My brother and sister-in-law got me that jewelry case when I graduated from college.

It's super awesome and holds quite a bit!

But I now have too many bracelets.
So I made this handy little holder myself!

You're not surprised that my organization extends to my crafts too, right?
Again, being organized here makes finding what I'm looking for so much easier!

My cardstock is organized by color.

And my stickers are organized by occasion or holiday.

Last but not least, my holiday decorations are all organized into plastic tubs.
Years ago I had one, yes ONE tub, for all the holidays combined.
But since I like decorating SO much (see examples here, here and here!)
multiple holidays now have their own box(es)!!!

So that's it!
Like I said before...
I know that I'm a little (maybe a lot) crazy,
but this is what works for ME!
Not everything will work for everyone,
but I hope you you have found something useful.

Now go to Andrea's page to see more Show &Tell: Organization posts!


No comments:

Post a Comment