Sunday, January 4, 2015

Baked Manicotti

I'm in the process of restocking my freezer with homemade meals
and I realized I never got around to posting about my Manicotti!

I've made this a few times and love it every time.
In fact - I still have a batch frozen right now to eat soon!

Now keep reading to see how I made my Manicotti.

The Goods:
Manicotti Noodles
Mozzarella Cheese
Parmesan Cheese
Ricotta Cheese
Eggs
Marinara Sauce
Fresh Herbs
Garlic Salt
(Full recipe at bottom of post.)

Cook your manicotti and set aside to cool.

Add the cheeses, eggs, fresh herbs and garlic salt to bowl.

Mix everything well.

Stuff the noodles with mixture.
 I find using a piping bag the easiest.

Place filled noodles in greased baking dish,
cover with marinara sauce to your liking.

Add more cheese and chopped fresh herbs.

Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until bubbly.

And it's done!

Serve and enjoy!!!

Cheese Manicotti Recipe
2 Eggs
15 ounces Ricotta Cheese
2 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1/4 grated Fresh Parmesan Cheese
1 to 2 teaspoon Fresh Basil, Parsley or both
1 teaspoon Garlic Salt
20 Manicotti Noodles
2 cups Marinara Sauce

1. Put egg, ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan, half the herbs and garlic salt in mixing bowl.
2. Mix on low for about 30 seconds - until it's well combined.
3. Put mixture into piping bag and fill each noodle.
4. Place filled noodles in a greased casserole dish.
5. Pour marinara sauce over noodles and add a little more cheese.
6. Cover pan with foil and bake at 350 for 20 minutes. 
7. Remove foil from dish and return to oven for 5 or so minutes.
8. Take pan out of the oven and top with the remaining fresh basil.

I adapted this recipe from a Stuffed Shell recipe I've used in the past,
so if you cant find Manicotti noodles, feel free to use Giant Shells instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment