Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Quinoa Apple Salad

A few weeks ago, I met up with some friends for lunch and 
we went to one of the newly opened locations for Lemonade!
If you live in LA and haven't tried Lemonade yet, you're missing out.
Find one close to you and try it ASAP!

I've been to a few different Lemonade locations and have been a fan from day one.
A friend even gave me their cookbook for Christmas this year!
I have yet to make anything out of the cookbook, 
but after my most recent visit I knew I needed to try to recreate one of the dishes I had.

So what was the dish you ask?
Red Quinoa Salad with Apples, Arugula, Sunflower Seeds and Pistachios!
If you don't know already - I love love love me some quinoa salad.
(You can check out some past posts about it here, here and here!)

Just a few hours after lunch, I decided I didn't want to wait long and 
got to work searching for a copycat recipe online. 
To my surprise, it wasn't very hard and I had a recipe in no time!

Now that I'm done rambling, let me show you how easy it is to make!!!

The Goods:
Qunioa 
Water (Not Pictured)
Fuji Apples
Arugula 
Sunflower Kernels
Pistachios
Juice from an Orange
Olive Oil
Salt
Pepper


Cook your qunioa according to package directions.
Since I'm using this in a salad - I always like to cool my qunioa before adding it.
Pour/scoop the quinoa onto a chilled baking sheet and spread it out to cool.

While the qunioa is cooking, get your other goods ready!
Add the apples, pistachios and sunflower kernels to the bowl and toss to combine.
Fold in the arugula, orange juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
That's it! Now it's time to dig in and ENJOY!!!

Hope you like this quinoa salad as much as I do!
I've already made it twice since having it at Lemonade.
Oh and don't forget - go try Lemonade if you haven't already!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment