Saturday, June 7, 2014

Inez's Turkey Burgers

Now that summer is basically here, 
I'm sure there will be lots of grilling going on.
So now is the perfect time to talk about some yummy burgers!

A few weeks ago, my friend Inez, who's a foodie like me, 
told me about a Turkey Burger she made that was amazing.
She said she wasn't going to make them any other way again!

After hearing that, I KNEW I had to give these burgers a try.
I got the recipe from her and made the burgers shortly after.
And she was right - they are amazing!!!

Since they were so good, I asked her permission to share the recipe on my blog.
And lucky you - she said yes!
Take a look below at how you make these simple, yet delicious burgers.

The Goods:
1 Package Ground Turkey
2 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Cilantro
2 Tablespoons Minced Garlic
Juice from 1/2 Lemon
4 Teaspoons Cholula Hot Sauce
1  Teaspoon Ground Cumin
Salt and Pepper to your liking
Buns
Lettuce
Avocado

In a large bowl, combine turkey, cilantro, garlic, 
lemon juice, hot sauce, cumin, salt and pepper.

Divide mixture into six and make into burgers.

From here - you can either cook them right up, or with in a day.
OR you can do what I did - cooked one to eat now and froze the rest for future use!
I froze mine with wax paper between and in freezer zipper bags.

Cook the burgers FULLY. This is turkey, so it can't be raw!
If you want, be a lil naughty and add cheese like I did!!

Then make you delicious burger, serve it with a side and enjoy!!!
Confession - I not only added cheese, 
but there's a tomato on the final product too!

Now go make these super tasty turkey burgers yourself. 
I'm pretty sure you'll thank me, but really you should thank Inez!!


No comments:

Post a Comment