Sunday, June 1, 2014

Homemade Soup: Vegetable Soup!

Now that it's practically Summer, it's pretty warm out
so I doubt many of you are in the mood for some soup.

That's a shame because I recently made an AMAZING Vegetable Soup.
I researched recipes online for awhile and I didn't find anything I loved.
So, I combined two recipes (here and here) and sorta just did my own thing!

So take a look below at how I made my Homemade Vegetable Soup.

The Goods:
Frozen Lima Beans 
Frozen Corn 
Frozen Peas 
Spinach 
Garlic 
Onion 
Leeks 
Broccoli 
Green Bean 
Carrots 
Tomatoes 
Potatoes 
Parsley 
Salt 
Pepper 
Vegetable Broth

Chop and measure everything out.

Cook the leeks, onion and garlic.
Season with salt and pepper.
Add the potatoes, carrots, green beans and broccoli.
Season with salt and pepper again!
Cook for three or so minutes.

Add the broth.
Season with salt and pepper.

Add the tomatoes, corn, peas and lima beans.
Stir and then add the spinach and stir again!
Season with salt and pepper once more!!!

It made A LOT!!

It was so light and delicious.
And I cannot wait to make it again!!

If soup isn't your thing during the Spring and Summer, 
remember this recipe and make it when you are in the mood for soup! 

No comments:

Post a Comment