Sunday, June 15, 2014

Homemade Hummus & Pita Chips

I've made homemade hummus multiple times before,
but I recently discovered a recipe and I doubt I will make it another way again.

It's better than so many other hummus I've tasted.
No more store bought hummus for me!!!

This hummus is creamy and SO SO SO easy to make!
Take a look below at the process.

Hummus Goods:
Tahini
Olive Oil
Garbanzo Beans
Sea Salt
Paprika
Water
Cumin
Lemon Juice
Garlic

Mix the tahini and the lemon juice in the food processor for about a minute.
Scrape the sides, and process for about 30 more seconds.

Add the olive oil, garlic, salt and cumin to the tahini/lemon juice mixture.
Process until combined.

Rinse and drain the garbanzo beans.

Add half the beans and process for about a minute.
Scrape the sides and add the rest of the beans.
Process for a minute or two - until hummus is smooth.

The hummus will most likely be too thick,
so slowly add 2 to 3 tablespoons water until the consistency is to your liking.

What's homemade hummus without some homemade pita chips though?

I Googled and found this recipe from one of my old time favorites!
Again - this is SO easy and SO much better than store bought.

I don't think you'll want any other pita chip after trying these.
Check out how easy they are to make below.

Pita Chip Goods:
Pita (I use Whole Wheat)
Olive Oil
Sea Salt

Cut the pita into wedges.
Toss in olive oil and sea salt.

Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet.
Bake at 375 degrees for 7 to 10 minutes, flip and bake 5 to 10 more minutes.
Pita chips should be toasted and crisp!

Ta da!!

Now go make some homemade hummus and pita chips.
It's a great snack and I THINK you'll thank me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment