Monday, May 20, 2013

Grain Greek Salad

One of my go-to lunches (and favorite lunches in fact) is a Greek Salad grain mixture. You can use any grain you'd like - but I tend to prefer quinoa and have recently decided I liked the combination of quinoa and Israeli couscous. The vegetable chopping takes a little time, but I always make a BIG batch and get to enjoy the salad all week! It's so easy once it's made and I'm full for hours after eating it. 

Take a look at the salad making process and you'll be amazed at how simple AND delicious it is!

The Goods:
Quinoa
Israeli Couscous
Olive Oil
Balsamic Vinegar
Lemon
Salt
Cherry/Grape Tomatoes
Persian Cucumbers
Green Onions
Feta
Kalamata Olives

Cook the grains...

Israeli Couscous

And Quinoa for me!

Chop the Cucumbers

Chop the Green Onions

Chop the Tomatoes

Chop the Olives
(I ran out of Kalamata so used Green Queen ones too!)

Add the Feta! 

And the Quinoa.

And FINALLY the Israeli Couscous.

Toss it all together with fresh squeezed lemon juice, olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Add a little salt for flavor if necessary. 

The finished product! 

This salad can be eaten alone, or enjoyed on a bed of mixed greens tossed in fresh lemon juice as I usually do!

Grab some spring mix.

Toss it with more fresh squeezed lemon juice.

And add the mixed grain salad on top!
Dig in and enjoy!!!
YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment