Sunday, May 18, 2014

Craisin Green Bean Quinoa Salad!

Wow! That title is a mouthful.
I'm sorry, but I couldn't think of a better way 
to describe this delicious salad in fewer words.

You may or may not have figured out that I really like quinoa.
I usual use it to make tasty salads for lunches throughout the week.
You can read about one here and another here!

After eating both of those above salads many times, 
I wanted to branch out and try a NEW quinoa salad!

A local lunch place makes one with craisins and green beens. 
It is so simple and tasty, so I was looking for a recipe similar to that.
I couldn't find one exactly like I wanted, so I just sorta made up my own!





Craisin Green Bean Quinoa Salad 

1 cup quinoa
2 cups water
½ teaspoon salt or to taste
¾ cup craisins
1 cup green beans
¼ cup sliced almond
¼ cup sliced green onion
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
Salt and Pepper

1. Rinse the quinoa in several changes of water. Combine the 2 cups water and ½ teaspoon salt in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to simmer, cover, and continue cooking until all water is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Remove from the heat, uncover, and allow to cool for 15 minutes. 



2. In a medium bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, craisins, green beans, almonds,
and green onion until well mixed. 



3. In a small bowl, whisk the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and garlic until well blended. Pour over the quinoa mixture. Toss until well blended. 



4. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment