Sunday, August 12, 2012

Homemade Refried Beans

I've said it before, and I'll probably say it again but I LOVE homemade Mexican food - mostly because it reminds me of the many delicious restaurants in my hometown of Tucson, Arizona. 

When I first saw this recipe for homemade refried beans I knew I HAD to make them! I did just a few days later and they are some of the BEST refried beans I've ever tried! I'm almost positive that ALL the others had lard or some form of fat, but these don't and are still super tasty!!

They are SO simple I just can't believe it. Unless I forget to plan a little bit ahead, I will never eat refried beans at home any other way!

Take a look at how easy they really are to make!

The Goods:
Dry Pinto Beans
Onion
Garlic
Jalapeno
Salt
Pepper
Cumin
Water

These things are AMAZING!! 
They making using a slow cooker/crock pot SO much easier 
because cleanup becomes much more simple and less messy!

About halfway through the cooking process. 

Done cooking and done mashing!

I put it into a snap container to enjoy throughout the week!




No comments:

Post a Comment