Sunday, August 26, 2012

Heavenly Twice Baked Potatoes

I've always loved Twice Baked Potatoes. What's NOT to love about them really? They're potatoes that are full of a bunch of yummy things like butter, garlic and bacon to name a few things. And I may be a little biased, but I happen to LOVE the ones I make! 

They're so simple, but not that simple (I've messed them up once or twice to be honest), but the time and effort it takes to make them is SO worth it! Let me show you how...

The Goods:
Potatoes
Onion
Garlic
Bacon
Butter
Cheese - I used Cheddar
Milk
Olive Oil
Salt
Pepper

Bake your potatoes!

While the potatoes are baking...

Cook up some bacon!

Make sure it's nice and crispy!!!

And sauté your onions and garlic 
in some olive oil/bacon drippings!

Until they're golden and smell AMAZING!!!

Once the potatoes are baked...

Cut the top off and scoop out the potatoes.

I saved the tops and made delicious potatoes skins!

Scoop them out quite a bit!
Until they look like the ones above.

Add the butter (not pictured - OOPS!)...

And the sautéed onion and garlic...


Oh and the bacon too...

Don't forget some shredded cheese!

Mix it all up until well combined 
and then put into a gallon zipper bag. 

Cut the tip off the bag and fill potatoes 
back up with the yummy mixture!

Put a little more shredded cheese and bacon on top.

And bake again until the cheese is melted and starts to turn golden.
It was about 20 minutes for me.

Now...dive in and ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment