Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sunday Night Dinner: Take 13!

It's been yet another busy week followed by a busy weekend (I know - I've said that a TON recently, but it's true!), so this is going to be my only post this week. I'm sorry. But I'll be back next week, and the week after that, and the week after that, and you get the point...

So without going on and on and on, I'll just show you the AMAZINGNESS I made for dinner tonight.

I eat chicken often - it's the main meat I consume, and I wanted to kick it up a notch tonight, so I decided I'd give stuffed chicken a shot!

After looking at a few recipes I decided I'd do my own thing and boy way I happy! It was SO simple and SO tasty!  I took chicken breasts, cut a pocket for the stuffing (almost butterflying the breast) and stuffed it with a layer of fresh cooked spinach, butter, feta cheese crumbles and another layer of spinach. I closed them up with toothpicks and let them chill in the fridge for about an hour. I then coated them in a mixture of egg and fresh lemon juice, followed by a mixture of breadcrumbs and blackened seasoning. I baked them for about 25 minutes at 375 degrees.

About halfway through baking the chicken, I started the ever so tasty Fluffy New Potatoes. This recipe is from my go-to-gal's website, The Pioneer Woman. I found it awhile ago, I've made it multiple times, and I make little changes or additions each time! Tonight had some bacon! 

The potatoes had bacon because I had extra from what I cooked for my green beans. After boiling the beans until just tender, I sauteed them in a HOT skillet with butter, olive oil and fresh ground pepper. After cooking a few minutes, add the crumbled bacon pieces and cook a few more minutes. Add red wine vinegar (or whatever cooking vinegar you have), cover and cook a minuter or two longer. Serve hot with all the bacon and juices.

All the above resulted in...

HEAVEN IN MY MOUTH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment