Sunday, October 2, 2011

Sunday Night Dinner: Take 11!

It's been awhile since I've done a Sunday Night Dinner post, but I've missed them, so it's back - at least for tonight, but I may make it more of a regular thing.  

Even though none of my recipes are techically "Fall Recipes", pretty much anything I've been making recenly has been "Fall-y" to me. :)

Tonight I made three amazing dishes, two of which I'd never made before and the other was modified from a usual favorite!


The main part of the meal was a chicken dish. I've made many lemon chicken dishes and many rosemary chicken dishes, but I never even thought to combine the two. Well, I did that tonight when I made Rosemary Lemon Chicken. It was very moist, tender and flavorful. I'm looking forward to the little bit I have leftover, which I plan to enjoy in a salad for lunch tomorrow.  

Please forgive me. I forgot to take pictures of ANY part of the chicken dish. I always seem to forget SOMETHING. I hope I get it together eventually...

Next was an old favorite - roasted red potatoes. I always toss them in olive oil and some spice with some fresh garlic cloves, but tonight I kicked it up a notch. I did the usual, but I added some golden pearl onions and fresh minced rosemary too!


And finally, I was trying my hand at a new vegetable dish as well. I made Brussels Sprouts with Lemon and Garlic. While it was very tasty, I may cut back on the lemon juice just a tad. I loved the tastes, but it was a little strong for others.


No comments:

Post a Comment