Sunday, August 7, 2011

Blackened Seasoning Mix

I've been making Blackened Seasoning Mix for a few years now. I make a big batch, keep it in an airtight container in my pantry and then use it as needed. I've even given it packaged up as gifts!

There are many ways to make Blackened Seasoning Mix, but I use equal parts of the following spices:
  1. Cayenne Pepper
  2. Paprika
  3. Garlic Powder
  4. Onion Powder
  5. Salt (I use coarse Sea Salt)
  6. Black Pepper
  7. White Pepper (I just recently added this to the mix!)


Before mixing/shaking it all up! 

And After!

My favorite thing to do it use it to make Blackened Chicken, but it can be used in so many ways. Try it on salmon, throw it in some potatoes before roasting, sprinkle it on some vegetable - the possibilities are endless!

At the beginning of cooking.

Ready to be eaten!
(Served this with rice and sauteed spinach last night)

No comments:

Post a Comment