Sunday, August 7, 2011

Showering Elina With Cupcakes!

My friend Elina is getting married in a few weeks and I was lucky enough to be part of her bridal shower today. One of my good friends is Elina's best friend so I knew a little about the shower and what would be served. I offered to make cupcakes and kept in mind her wedding colors when I was doing all the planning.

I went to a couple places to get everything I'd need and had an idea in my head of what the finished product would look like. Of course, nothing went as originally planned so I made a few changes and adjustments along the way. In the end I had three dozen beautiful cupcakes that turned out better than I'd originally imagined!

Confession - I used boxed mixes for the cupcakes. Hey! Not EVERYTHING I do is from scratch and box cake mix really isn't that bad. It's a lot more moist than most cakes I've made from scratch and the flavor is always the same! I tinted one box purple and left the other box white.

I couldn't cheat my way through the whole thing though - that's not my thing. I DID make two different frosting from scratch: a delicious Cream Cheese Frosting I've made before and a Vanilla one I'd never made, but had to give it a shot since it was called "That's The Best Frosting I've Ever Eaten" on The Pioneer Woman's blog.  I left the Cream Cheese one white because that's how it should be :) and I tinted the other purple. Cream Cheese Frosting went on the purple cake and the purple frosting went on the white cake. Confused yet? All the cupcakes were topped with pearl looking candy sprinkles.

Now that I've talked about the cupcakes - here's a look at the process and the finished product!

Everything I Needed For Cupcakes and 2 Kinds of Frosting

Spooning the cupcake mix into the liners.


36 cupcakes cooling and waiting to be frosted.

White Cake with Purple Frosting

The Purple Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting

DONE!

Three Dozen Tasty Treats squeezed into my fridge for the night.



No comments:

Post a Comment