Monday, May 30, 2011

Man Oh Man My Garden Is Growing!

My garden is really loving the beautiful weather in Southern California. There has been amazing growth and I have hopes of amazing things to come.  

In addition to the growth, I noticed the I have a single tomato that is starting to change from green to red. It's in the very light golden yellow stage at the moment. I can't wait to eat the first one and then enjoy more and more and more!



Still no blooms on the other tomato plant though. I'm being patient, but I wanna see signs of growth SOOOOOOOOON.


The jalapeno plant is growing like crazy, but still no blooms on those suckers either. I'm hoping that with the weather getting warmer I'll start to see blooms sometime in the near future!  


My strawberry plant is the complete opposite thought and seems to have at least one new bloom daily. I just wish the darn berries would grow bigger before starting to ripen.


The lime tree hasn't really changed much, but since it's not fruit bearing season I'm taking that as a good sign. :)


The garlic and shallot are doing great too. I wish there was some way for me to see underground to find out just how big those babies are getting. That's always the hardest part for me - judging when they're big enough to pick, but not TOO big. 

Garlic

Shallots

And finally - my herbs, my wonderful herbs that are so plentiful. I use them as often as I can and give them away to those who want some, but it doesn't seem to make a dent - except for my parsley. I've decided I need a HUGE tub just for flat leaf parsley because I use it so often and in so many different recipes. One day that'll happen! 

The flat leaf parsley

The thyme

The rosemary

The mint

The basil

The chives

No comments:

Post a Comment