Sunday, May 15, 2011

Chicken Salad: 2 Ways!

I loveeeeee chicken salad!  I love it on toasted sourdough, on a bed of fresh lettuce and even just a heaping forkful right from the bowl.

But I'm very picky about my chicken salad - it has to be just to my liking and most importantly can't have TOO much mayo. In order to enjoy it, I usually have to make it from scratch at home. To avoid it being too mayo-y I almost always use a mixture of mayo and greek yogurt. It's so much better tasting and so much better for your!

I recently decide I wanted some chicken salad so I boiled two bone-in chicken breasts. After cooking and cooling, I went to town with two forks shredding the chicken into tiny pieces. I got my shredded chicken for my chicken salad, but the bonus was getting homemade chicken stock to use in soups or other cooking. I never throw away something I can use again.

Once I saw how much chicken I ended up with (I guess they were BIG breasts!) I decided I wasn't going to make ONE kind of chicken salad, but I was going to make TWO!!!

My original plan was to whip up a batch of the delicious Chicken Salad from my go-to gal's website, but now I was also going throw together a batch of her equally delicious, but completely different Curried Chicken Pasta Salad

Chicken Salad before mixing with "dressing"

And after!
YUM!!!

Curried Chicken Pasta salad before mixing with "dressing"

And After!
Holy Wow!!!

Try them. Enjoy them. Make them again and again and again!

No comments:

Post a Comment