Sunday, May 22, 2011

Growing Growing Growing!


Yup - you read that right. My garden is growing growing growing! 

It's been growing well as a while for awhile, but now many things are growing like CRAAAZY!

My window-box with my dahlias, poppies and snap dragons is thriving and as of today I have my first bud on either the poppy or the snap dragon. I'll know soon!


My other dahlia is going crazy too, but still all greens - no flowers yet. This thing is making me be very patient. It took weeks - months really to even sprout so I guess it'll take as long to flower too!


I recently planted a few different kinds of flower seeds in three different planters. One of the three have sprouted. I can't remember what kind of flower it is though...sorry!


The shallots and garlic are so hearty right now. They are getting so much more full and I only hope that what's going on underground is just as amazing!

Shallots

Garlic


The herbs are really growing too!

The thyme is expanding so much and it's hard to believe how little it started out just a few months ago. It multiplies so fast and I really can't use it nearly enough to even put a dent in the amount I have growing!


The flat leaf parsley is finally thriving again and can use is without being scared I'm going to deplete my whole crop. I can't wait because I love the freshness it adds to food.


The mint is slowly coming back and I expect it to be going crazy soon. It was already sprouting in the rosemary's area and I had to stop that before it tried to take over.


But the rosemary wouldn't let that happen anyway. It's grown too big and full and it's here to stay!


The chives are really doing great too. They're bigger and fuller than I've seen in awhile and will be enjoying them on a tasty baked potato soon!


And the basil. The basil is now a monster like I'd originally wanted. I finally gave some away today and it doesn't even look like anything is gone. I have way more than enough, but who cares because it's SO nice to have it growing fresh. Just last night I picked a SINGLE leaf to use in a pasta recipe. 


The jalapenos are doing great and I've really noticed a lot of growth this last week. I just hope they start to bloom soon because I want jalapenos! Jalapenos = bacon wrapped jalapeno popper and homemade salsa! MMMmmmm


The tomatoes are doing amazing as well.  The cherry tomato plant is going crazy and has a TON of little tomatoes in various stages of growth. No tomatoes or even blooms on the newest tomato plant, but I'm thinking it's because it's still new and a lot earlier into the growth process.

NEW tomato
(I keep forgetting what it's called so for now it's called NEW!)
Hehehe

Cherry Tomato

The strawberries aren't going crazy like I wish they would, but I've had a few berries off the plant so far this year. They are SO sweet, but SO small too. I wish they'd get BIG!


And finally - the lime tree. The trusty lime tree who is still alive and seems to be doing great. It's growing, but still not growing fruit. Still another few months before that even starts sadly!


No comments:

Post a Comment