Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super Bowl Deliciousness!!!

I went to my friends Alison and Mike's for the Super Bowl this year. I've done it in years past and had a blast so I couldn't miss this year!  

Since Super Bowl is about food, of course I had to make something! 

Alison has been wanting to try my corn chowder ever since the first time I told her about it. I've made it multiple times, but it's never worked out that she's come over when I still had any left - it's THAT good!

When Alison was at my house earlier this week she'd left a note on my fridge saying "Spicy Corn Chowder :)", so I took that as a hint and decided to make that for the party at her house.


Since I knew I'd be sharing it, I made a double batch! And I served it with the most delicious bread! I heart you La Brea Bakery Sourdough Baguette.  


Funny enough the note she left was ON TOP of a recipe for Scotcharoos.  Hmmmm... sneaky sneaky, but I like it! :)

So how could I make just one of the two things she hinted at? 

I couldn't that's how! So I made her the Scotcharoos as well.  Man - I'm a good friend!

The sugar, corn syrup and peanut butter mixture.

All done!

Oh - I couldn't stop there...

I was on a roll with the sweet bar goodies so I made marshmallow treats with a mixture of Cheerios and Fruity Pebbles. 

What? That's insane! 

Yes, yes I know.

But they were insanely good too!


Hope you all had fun watching Green Bay win!

Go Packer!
(That was for you, Becky!) 


1 comment:

  1. Damn next time I come over I'm definitely leaving you a sticky note on the fridge! Fudge please! lol.

    ReplyDelete