Monday, February 21, 2011

Homemade Onion Rings and Strings!

Last week a few coworkers and myself were talking about onion rings. Since then, I hadn't been able to stop thinking about them. 

And drooling. 

And I JUST HAD TO HAVE THEM!!!

Onion rings from a resteraunt are good - well, some are good. Others can be really crappy.

I'd never made them myself, but have wanted to.

My go-to for recipes, The Pioneer Woman, provided me with a recipe that looked
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G so I decided I'd give it a try!

I didn't have buttermilk Friday night, otherwise I probably would have made them. I went out first thing Saturday morning to get the needed ingredient with plans to make them for a few friends that evening!

Onion.

Sliced onion.

Buttermilk.

2 Cups Buttermilk.

Flour.

Oil.


Onion meet Buttermilk.

Onion and Buttermilk meet Flour.

Onion, Buttermilk and Flour meet hotttttt Oil!

MMMmmmm!

They were great and they were eaten right up.

Every last one of them!

Man oh man were they good.

And yes, I DO plan on making them again!

No comments:

Post a Comment