Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Today is February 14th - or more commonly known as Valentine's Day!

I don't have one specific Valentine this year, but that didn't stop me from making things and spoiling the people I really care about!

To start off - I sent my wonderful nephew, Gavin, a few little gifts and this card! I love you little man. xoxo


And this weekend I made a few edible goodies to share!

A few weeks ago I purchased this cute heart shaped pasta from Whole Foods and decided I'd make a pasta salad with it.

The hearts boiling.

Cooked and cooling.

With all the veggie friends!

Then Robin made heart shaped cookie pops and I assisted. I don't think I was much help though...

Anyway, here's one I made!


And I didn't stop there...

I made cake balls!!! 

Alison helped me finish them on Sunday and I paid her in cake balls. It was a win win situation.

I've made them before, so I knew what I was getting into. But I also knew how delicious they are when you're all done. Heck they're delicious at any step along the way!

From past experience I knew the recipe made quite a few cake balls. I planned on bringing in a lot to give to my co-workers, so I decided I'd make TWO kinds!

Red Velvet and Funfetti!

MMMmmm.

Funfetti cake waiting to be crumbled and mixed with frosting.

 The candy coating.

Funfetti cake and frosting balls waiting for candy coating.

70 Funfetti Cake Balls!

And 150+ of both flavors.

WOW!

All wrapped up to give away.

Alison and I couldn't stop with cookie pops and cake balls. Oh no, we went further! We dipped strawberries and pretzels in the leftover cake ball coating. Yum!



I hope you all had a wonderful day spent with those you love.

XOXOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment