Back in March, I ran across this recipe.
A Pulled Pork Quesadilla?
And with pickles inside?!?
I'd never heard of such a thing,
or even thought about it,
but man it sounded good!!!
I was quite intrigued,
so I made a mental note to give it a try,
and not too long after I did just so!
Wow you guys - it was really good!
So good that I thought about it many times the next day,
and even made it for dinner for a second night in a row!!!
Not only are they really tasty,
but they're super easy to make too.
Let me show you how!!!
First things first - make your pulled pork.
I've used many different recipes over the years,
but this time I followed this recipe and loved it!
Cook your pork in the crock pot,
and then shred it using two forks.
Add your favorite BBQ sauce...
And mix it up with the pulled pork.
Now that the pork is done, it's time for quesadillas!!!!
Get all your goods prepped:
Shred your cheese.
Dice your onion.
Chop your pickles.
Now the fun part - assembling the quesadilla!
I started with one tortilla
and a nice layer of cheese.
Then I added pulled pork,
threw on diced red onion,
then lots of chopped pickles
and finally another layer of cheese!!!
Heat your grill pan over medium-high heat
and then spray it with oil cooking spray.
Carefully place your assembled quesadilla on the grill pan,
then top it with a second tortilla to complete your quesadilla.
Keep an eye on the quesadilla while it's cooking
and once it has nice grill marks, flip that baby over!
Continue cooking until the cheese is melted
and both sides have a nice color from the grill pan.
Let rest a minute and then slice for serving.
Now dig in and enjoy your yummy quesadilla!!!
I personally have only tried the pulled pork version,
but this could also be modified to use whatever meat you like.
My mouth is watering just thinking of the possibilities!
Pulled Pork Quesadillas
1 Pack Flour Tortillas
Cheddar Cheese, shredded
1 Red Onion, diced
- Make your Pulled Pork.
- Shred your cheese, dice your red onion and chop your pickles.
- Assemble your quesadilla as follows: tortilla, cheese, pulled pork, onion, pickles, more cheese and finally a second tortilla.
- Carefully place assembled quesadilla on preheated and sprayed grill pan.
- Once cheese begins to melt and bottom tortilla has grill marks, flip the entire quesadilla over.
- Continue to cook until cheese is melted and both sides have a nice color from the grill.
- Remove from grill, let sit a minute or two and then slice to serve.