When I made White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies in March,
I realized I have never blogged about my Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe!
I'm finally getting around to sharing that recipe with you guys today,
but instead of the "normal" size, I made a batch of mini cookies!!!
As I mentioned in this post, the Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe I use
is the original Tollhouse recipe found on the back of the bag.
The ONLY thing I do differently is bake them a few minutes less.
Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
Unsalted Butter (Not pictured - whoops!)
Measure out and prep all your good before you get started.
This makes the cookie making process a lot faster!
Let butter soften, then beat with mixer.
Add sugar, brown sugar and vanilla then mix.
Add eggs and mix to incorporate completely.
Add the dry ingredients and mix again.
Finally, add in the chocolate chip and mix until combined.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Now the easy part is done!
The next step isn't exactly "hard",
but does take some time and patience.
Pinch the SMALLEST bit of dough possible,
and space them out on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
To get the right sized cookie, this took some trial and error.
You'll think you need much more dough,
but those "blobs" are about the size of a dime!!!
Bake your cookies for about 5 minutes.
Once they start to turn golden, they're ready!
Cool on the pan for a minute.
Then place on a wire rack to finish cooling.
When I make "normal" sized cookie, I usually get a few dozen...
But with the mini ones I made over 350 cookies.
Yes, you read that right folks!
More than THREE HUNDRED & FIFTY mini cookies!
Now it's time to grab an ice cold glass of milk
and taste test a few (ok, maybe like 10) mini cookies!
And then package up the rest for a cute boy and your coworkers!
Even though there were SO many cookies,
all of them were eaten in less than 24 hours!!!
Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 1/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Salt
3/4 Cup Sugar
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
2 Sticks Unsalted Butter
1 Bag Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside
- Let butter soften, then beat it with mixer.
- Add sugar, brown sugar and vanilla then mix.
- Add eggs and mix to incorporate completely.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix again.
- Finally, add in the chocolate chip and mix until combined.
- Pinch the SMALLEST bit of dough possible, and space them out on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Make sure to leave enough room for them to expand.
- Bake your cookies for about 5 minutes. Once they start to turn golden, they're ready!
- Cool on the pan a minute, then finish cooling on a wire rack.