Sunday, May 24, 2015

Turkey and Pesto Panini

I recently made a batch of pesto for some pasta I was making.
I had some leftover and didn't want to make more pasta,
so after a little brainstorming I decided to make:
Turkey and Pesto Paninis!!!

I'd never actually made a panini before,
but thought what the heck and gave it a shot!
It was SO easy to make and incredibly tasty.
In fact, I made it again just two nights later!

Keep reading to find out how easy it really is to make.

The Goods:
Sourdough Bread
Pesto
Butter
Mozzarella
Deli Turkey
Arugula
Balsamic Vinegar 
(Not pictured - oops!)

Butter one side of the bread and then cover the other side with pesto!

Heat up your grill pan over medium-high heat and spray it with oil.
Put the buttered side of the bread on the grill pan and start to build.
I did turkey, mozzarella and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
I meant to add the arugula at this step, but I was distracted and forgot!
Don't be like me and remember to add your arugula!!!

Once the bread starts to get nice and toasted,
add the other slice of bread and flip over to grill that side.

After both sides are toasted and your cheese is nice and melted,
remove and let cool on a cutting board for about a minute.
Slice in half and you're ready to eat!

Since I forgot the arugula, I whipped up a small salad to have with it instead.

Now go make one for yourself!
I think your stomach will thank me.

No comments:

Post a Comment