Sunday, September 14, 2014

Homemade Pesto: Take 2!

My herb garden is doing really well
and I have a TON of basil.
So what's someone with so much basil do?
They decide to make a yummy pesto
and of course, then blog about it!

Years ago, I blogged about making Sunflower Seed Pesto.
It is really good and a great option for someone allergic to tree nuts.
I didn't need to omit tree nuts, so I used pecans in today's recipe!

Like most recipes I make,
this is pretty simple to whip up.
It tastes AMAZING,
and can even be made a few days before!

Now let me show you how easy it really is!!!

The Goods:
2 Cup Fresh Basil
2 Cloves Garlic
1/4 Cup Pecans
1/2 Cup Fresh Parmesan
2/3 Cup Olive Oil
Salt
Pepper


Add basil, pecans and garlic to food processor and chop.
Drizzle in 1/2 Cup oil and process until incorporated and smooth.
If using immediately, add remaining oil and cheese.
If using later (or even to freeze), drizzle remaining oil on top.
When ready to use, thaw and then incorporate cheese.

The finished product!
It was so so SO good!!!

I like to use my pesto on pasta of course,
but it's also great on a sandwich or even fries too!


No comments:

Post a Comment