Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Edamame Quinoa Salad

I've been out of town for a bit watching my two adorable nephews
(look for a VERY LONG post on that soon!),
so today I'm posting a recipe I've been meaning to get posted for awhile!

And I think it's great timing because I haven't posted about quinoa for a bit,
so I figured now would be a great day to post another delicious recipe using the super grain!

When reading a Better Homes and Gardens a few months back,
I ran across for a quinoa recipe that looked amazing.
It was simply called Edamame Quinoa Salad,
but it had LOTS of goodies I loved.
I couldn't wait to make this new quinoa recipe!!!

The Goods:
Cooked Quinoa*
1 Cup Shelled Edamame, thawed if using frozen
1 Cup Corn Kernels, I used fresh but frozen is fine
1/2 Cup Cherry or Grape Tomatoes, halved
1/4 Cup Cilantro, chopped
1/4 Cup Fresh Lime Juice
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil

Combine everything in a large bowl, toss and combine.
Package salad for lunches. Or as seen above, 
individual containers for co-workers to enjoy too!

Hope you enjoy as much as I did!!

*To cook, start with 1/2 Cup quinoa and 1 Cup water.
In a saucepan, combine water and quinoa.
Bring water to a boil, reduce heat
and simmer until water is absorbed. 
See THIS post for quinoa cooking/cooling pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment