Thursday, January 2, 2014

GG's Christmas Fudge

Growing up, I remember my mom making multiple recipes that came from my Great Grandma,
who we called G.G.
They were all so tasty and I'm honored to be the one making them now!

I've shared with you her amazing Banana Bread recipe.

And now I want to tell you about her delicious Fudge!!!

I don't remember a Christmas during my childhood that my mom didn't make this fudge.
In fact, I also recall both my brother and I requesting it for our birthdays once or twice.
It was a big hit in our house growing up, that's for sure!

It's pretty easy to make too.
It's really about timing everything that's key.

Take a look below at the fudge making process!





GG's Fudge
  • 10 Big Marshmallows
  • 1 Tablespoon Water
  • 1 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
  • 1 Stick Unsalted Butter
  • 1 Teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 Cups Sugar
  • 3/4 Cup Evaporated Milk
  1. Put Chocolate Chips, Butter and Vanilla in large mixing bowl and set aside.
  2. Slow boil the Sugar and Evaporated Milk. Bring to a rolling boil and stir for about 5 minutes.
  3. While Sugar and Evaporated Milk are boiling, melt the Marshmallows with the water.
  4. Pour both the Sugar and Evaporated Milk mixture AND the melted Marshmallows over the Chocolate Chips, Butter and Vanilla. 
  5. Mix until everything is incorported and creamy.
  6. Add chopped nuts if desired (OPTIONAL but I usually use Chopped Walnuts)
  7. Spread out mixture in a 9x9 baking dish that's lined with wax/parchment paper.
  8. Chill in fridge AT LEAST 24 hours before cutting.
  9. Cut into squares and place in mini muffin liners for serving. 


No comments:

Post a Comment