Sunday, January 19, 2014

Caramelized Sweet Potato Rounds

Sorry for the lack of post recently folks.
I've been quite busy with work,
but I've also been busy working on new posts about some super tasty food!
And I hope to have a decoration post up soon too.
Maybe even a garden one too, but don't hold your breath...

Anyway, now that I've said my sorries, below you can read all about a super easy and amazingly tasty way to make Sweet Potatoes.

On Thanksgiving, someone showed me a recipe for Caramelized Sweet Potato Rounds and my mouth was watering at just the thought of them! I knew immediately that I had to attempt to make these sucker because I love sweet potatoes and they sounded simply amazing! 

The recipe I was shown called for baking the potatoes whole, slicing them and then baking as rounds. 
I didn't really like that idea and thought that baking them as rounds from the beginning would be easier AND faster in the long run. 

Take a look below at how easy these little things are to make:

The Goods:
Sweet Potatoes
Olive Oil
Sea Salt
Butter
Brown Sugar
Baking Sheet(s)

Slice potatoes, brush on olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
Bake at 350 for 10 minutes, flip and bake about 10 minutes more - until fork tender.
Spread butter on sweet potatoes and sprinkle with brown sugar.
Bake fore 5 to 10 minutes, flip, add more butter and brown sugar and bake about 5 more minutes.
Remove from pan with spatula.

I was right, it was both easier and faster! And they were just as delicious as I thought they'd be! 

Go make them - you won't be disappointed!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment