Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Apple and Onion Pork Loin "Roast"


In this post, I told you about the AMAZING Pork Loin Roast I made on my stovetop because my oven was broken. (Note - my oven is fixed now, but it wasn't fixed the next day as I'd hoped.)

I already told you about the deliciousness, so let me show you how I made it!
Original recipe can be found here.

The Goods:
Pork Loin
Apples
Onion
Apple Juice
Chicken Stock
Olive Oil
Salt
Pepper
Bay Leaf

Heat olive oil over high heat and sear pork on all sides.
Add apple juice, broth, sliced apples, onion and bay leaf. 
Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for an hour and a half or longer depending on size of pork.

 Once cooked, remove the pork, the apples and the onions.
Let the pork rest and then slice.

 Raise heat, bring the liquid to a boil and reduce until thick.
Serve over the sliced pork with apples and onions on the side!

No comments:

Post a Comment