Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Christmas in Santa Barbara

I had a WONDERFUL Christmas this year!
One of the best Christmas I've had in a long time actually.
I hope you all a great Christmas too!!

My parents flew in a few days before and we drove up to Santa Barbara on Christmas Eve.
We had a delicious dinner and then attended 9PM Christmas Eve Mass.

Some pictures with the tree outside the church.

After that, it was time to get ready for bed so Santa could come!

And don't think I forgot to set out cookies and milk...
I was hoping for something good in my stocking and under the tree!!

After just a few hours of sleep, it was up bright and early.
It was time to open presents, drink lattes and eat warm homemade cinnamon rolls!!

My aunt and uncle's beautiful 13 foot tree!!

Presents time!!!
I was a good girl and Santa brought me a Sock Monkey Onesie! 

After presents and breakfast, I got myself ready and then went to town prepping and cooking!
After all...I was making the Christmas FEAST for 13 people!!!

So what was on the menu you ask?

Let me tell you...
(Because sadly not everything got photographed. I was BUSY...)

Roasted Pork Crown Roast with Apple, Bacon Cranberry Stuffing.
Roasted Potatoes with Rosemary and Onion.
Sauteed Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Garlic.
Roasted Cauliflower with Garlic and Lemon.
Garlic Herb Monkey Bread Muffins
and an Arugula, Cranberry and Parmesan Salad.

Oh yeah, and Homemade Applesauce too.
But sadly I was so busy that I COMPLETELY forgot to serve that.

Pictured Top Row: Arugula Salad, Cinnamon Rolls, Pork with Stuffing.
Pictured Bottom Row: Finished Crown Roast with Homemade "Hats", ALL the produce, Roasted Cauliflower

I was proud!
Can you tell???

I had some GREAT helpers that made the day quite tasty!!!

And these folks had a great time relaxing in the beautiful California weather!
Most of us were in short sleeves!!!

The Christmas Feast is served! 

Like I said before, I had a wonderful Christmas and LOVED cooking the whole meal. 
I think it was a success and look forward to making many more holiday meals in the future.

2 comments:

  1. It was a great Christmas! The food was excellent and the company even better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fairytale meal -- minus the applesauce, of course. Did they make you wash the dishes for your just desserts?

    And oh yeah, that Sock Monkey Onesie looks terrific.

    ReplyDelete